Thursday, January 31, 2008

Salmon with Dill and Garlic Marinade

(inspired by Allrecipes)

I wanted to use up the rest of my dill from Tucson CSA. And I was in the mood for a fish dish. So I bought some Alaskan salmon from Trader Joe's and made this. It's very easy and quite succulent. Just be careful not to cook the salmon for too long! The marinade helps keep the salmon warm and moist while cooking.

1 head garlic, peeled and chopped
1/2 cup olive oil
2 salmon fillets
1 oz. fresh dill, chopped
Salt and pepper, to taste

Throw the garlic into a blender/food processor (I love using my Magic Bullet for such tasks). Then add the olive oil and dill and puree it carefully. Don't turn it into a mush. It should have some texture to it. Once you're done, place the fillets in an oiled pan and generously brush them with the blended mixture. Let sit for at least 90 minutes.

Preheat oven to 375. Cook for 15 minutes. Try it with some sauteed asparagus or rapini.

No comments: